FESTIVE FINDS FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE AT HOME
Who’s ready to celebrate the end of 2020? I think we’re all looking forward to bidding adieu to this year and, while there may not be a huge bash happening, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t call for celebration. (To be totally honest, I’ve never been a big fan of going out on New Year’s Eve. The idea of a small celebration with delicious food and great wine always sounds so much more appealing to me.)
If you’re planning on staying in with your family or a small group for the evening, why not go all out with the NYE mood? I often think that smaller parties are the best ones because you can really go for it with all of the extra details. Set the mood: decorate the house, get dressed up in something sparkly (or, if you’d prefer pajamas, why not make them fancy ones?), sip champagne or a cocktail (any from this book will do) from your favorite glassware, do it all. Below, a list of festive favorites – from decorations to outfit ideas – to ring in the new year.
- The quickest way to make a space feel festive? Balloons. I’m a big fan of filling a room with balloons (and leaving the strings long!) for a fast festive fix.
- These candles are my go-to from Amazon. The metallic silver set would be perfect for NYE.
- Pajamas, but dressed up.
- Party glasses, of course.
- Though I doubt anyone will be donning a gown, this Emilia Wickstead gown is an absolute dream and it’s on sale right now.
- Favoring a pajama party? Slip into these, these, these, or these.
- Gold straws will add the NYE touch to any drink.
- Very much loving this jumpsuit.
- If you’re ditching the loungewear for a dress, this Ganni LBD is a cute choice. It’s special, but not over the top.
- The perfect crown for NYE. WHY NOT?
- Skip the heels and opt for chic slippers (also love these) instead.
- You could always keep your sweatshirt on and just ditch the sweatpants for a pair of these sparkly pants instead.
- These face masks add a fun touch to the table.
- These cozy slippers (Amazon!) are a perfect choice for the evening.
- If ever there was a year to go for it with the disco balls, this is it.
- This metallic fringe is an easy (and inexpensive) way to add some shine to a space. Buy a bunch and string them across every doorway in your house, or use them to cover a single wall in your house.
- Outfit idea: black silk pajama pants + this sequin blazer.
- I love to set my table with plenty of silver. This set of vintage sterling silver cups is such a good find.