Clockwise from top left: WELEDA Body Cream // TATCHA Face Mask // DR. BARBARA STURM Serum // REN Body Oil // 111SKIN ROSE GOLD RADIANCE BOOSTER // BRIGHTJUNGLE Eye Masks // REVLON Hair Dryer // NARS Lip Pencil
The past month has been stressful, to the say the very least. But rather than dwell on the negative, I’m doing my best to stay positive and make the most of my time at home. Productivity comes in many forms, so in addition to the endless organization projects, I’m also making a point to focus in on my beauty routine. (I think we could all use a little self-care right now. Am I right?) All of this time at home has given me ample opportunity to test out some new products – from face masks (so many masks!) to lipsticks. While I’m not changing it up too much (there’s enough uncertainty right now, no need to throw my skin a curve ball), I have come across a few things that are going to hang around long after this quarantine is over. Here, seven standout favorites along with a full shopping list at the end of the post.
- WELEDA Body Cream: I’ll admit that I bought this as a last resort. It was at the very beginning of the COVID-19 and, like many of us, was panic shopping at the grocery store for the third day in a row. I realized I was totally out of my usual body lotion and decided to grab this one on a whim. It’s not super expensive so I figured if I didn’t love it, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. It turns out it was perhaps one of my best blind buys ever. I’m obsessed with this product. It’s lightweight, but creamy and makes my skin feel more hydrated than it has in a long time. I’m really not a fan of scented body lotions so I love that this one is unscented. I cannot recommend it enough.
- TATCHA Violet-C Radiance Face Mask: Don’t let the bright purple hue scare you: this mask is magic. I’ve been using it once-a-week for about a month and have noticed such a difference in my complexion. Not only is my skin brighter, but the texture has noticeably improved.
- DR. BARBARA STURM Serum: After taking a hiatus from Dr. Strum’s products, I’m happy to say we are reacquainted, thanks to this magical serum. I use it as my morning serum – after cleansing and before sunscreen. It definitely has a wetter texture (read: not oily) than most serums I’m used to but it soaks in surprisingly quickly. My skin looks overall less inflamed since adding it into my regimen.
- REN Body Oil: Body oil is a regular part of my post-shower routine, but as the temperatures start to warm up, I find it necessary to use one that’s not as heavy. This is a dry body oil so it doesn’t feel heavy at all and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy. I also love that it’s all-natural so I never have to worry about a reaction.
- 111SKIN Rose Gold Radiance Booster: Looking for a good glow? This is the ticket. It gives my skin a perfect glow without looking shimmery. On days when I just need a little something, I’ll apply it after my sunscreen with just a little bit of blush and call it a day. It’s also great mixed in to your tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- BRIGHTJUNGLE Eye Masks: Amazon for the win! These undereye collagen masks are my favorite way to de-puff. I like to keep a few stashed in my fridge so they feel extra cooling when I applied.
- REVLON Hair Dryer: I’ve had this dryer for awhile but other than a couple of uses, it mainly sat inside a drawer. That’s all changed. I mean there’s nothing like a quarantine to force you into learning how to style your own hair. I’ve never been good at styling my hair and though I’m certainly no pro now, this tool really does make it a lot easier. It’s basically a round-brush and hair-dryer in one so it simplifies the whole process. It takes a couple of tries to get used to it, but practice makes perfect.
- NARS Lip Pencil: Though I’m really not wearing much makeup these days, I do think putting on a little bit of lipstick or blush really boosts my mood. So, even though I’m basically only seeing two people right now, I’m still applying this lip pencil in “Belle du Jour” from Nars. It’s quick and easy and adds just the right amount of color to my otherwise bare face.